To visit a school web site click on its photo above.
Welcome to the South Bend Alumni Association
Friday, October 9, 2015.
2015 Community Hall of Fame Banquet
6 PM Tuesday, November 17th at Century Center
The 2015 inductees are Elijah Anderson, a South Bend native who now is a sociology professor at Yale University; Jody Freid, community volunteer; John (Jack) McGann, former editor and publisher of the South Bend Tribune; Jane Miller, Superior Court judge; Benito Salazar, a founder of La Casa de Amistad; the Veldman Family, well-known business owners of the West Side of South Bend and active in a variety of local causes; and Thomas Stanfield (historical inductee), a leader in South Bend in the mid-1800s. Other awards will be given to WNIT, the local Public Broadcasting affiliate, for its Corporate Contributions to Education; Kevin Smith, local business owner, for Distinguished Achievement; St. Margaret’s House, Community Service; and Evie Kirkwood, the Ideal Baldoni Distinguished Public Service Award.
The South Bend Alumni Association, Inc. is proud to host the annual Hall of Fame induction ceremonies and award presentations. Additional information about the inductees and award winners can be found by clicking on the Community Hall of Fame tab on the left side of this page.
The Alumni Association maintains a collection of old yearbooks that are used for reference in our office. If we have extra copies, we offer them for sale to those who want to replace a lost or discarded book from the past. However, we are missing some books, and we would like to complete our inventory. We will accept any yearbooks you want to donate to us, but we particularly are seeking the following:
- Adams High School — 1966, 1993, and all books after 1995.
- Clay (and Washington Clay) — 1938, 1940, 1941, 1942, 1943 and 2013
- LaSalle — 1982, 1996, 1997
- Riley — 1955, 1960, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2006, 2009, and all books after 2010
- Washington — 1951, 1952, 1955, 1998, 2001, 2003, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, and all books after 2007
- Other Schools — We have a very limited collection of books from Greene, North Liberty, Wilson and other former area high schools. Any books you have from schools that no longer exist would be greatly appreciated. We also accept books from elementary and middle schools, and we even have a few from outside the SBCSC, such as St. Joseph’s High School and the former St. Mary’s Academy.
Association keeps you in touch with your former high school classmates, and also helps to support students currently enrolled in South Bend’s public schools. Among our services and programs …..
- We offer assistance with reunion planning
- We provide college scholarships
- We sponsor an annual golf tournament to raise scholarship funds
- We sponsor the South Bend Community Hall of Fame
- We provide funds for school programs that do not receive tax dollars, and often require community service in return
- We have a collection of old high school yearbooks and might be able to replace yours if lost
- We have a monthly Lunch Club that allows former classmates and Association members to gather and keep in touch
Memberships dues are $25 for two years, or $75 for a life membership. Contact the Alumni Office at (574) 283-8153 for more information, or look at the links on the left side of this page for details about our specific programs and offerings.
NEW! Register on-line for Membership. Click here!
WE DO NEED YOUR HELP!
You can help to make this site informative and interesting. Please submit your photos and news items about yourself, your classmates, your activities and your memories. If we don’t have a ‘page’ location to post it we will create one. Surf through the menu at the left and see what your Alumni Association is about. We want you to be proud of your school and community and to become a part of its legacy.
As our site grows, we plan to include more information about each high school ( past and present) and we hope someday soon to add a directory of members.
We would like your opinions on how we can improve this site. All you have to do is hit the e-mail button above on the menu bar and write your suggestions.